Thanks for stopping by. I know time is a valuable commodity so I will get right down to brass tacks. Here are ten facts about me:
1) Mariah Carey wrote her song Hero about me. True story.
2) My life was the basis for the hit film “Titanic”. Think about it. A crowded living area. A series of disasters. A hot chick that was naked briefly. One time I lost a pair of sunglasses in the ocean. Jesus, could they have been more obvious? I didn’t even get a check for royalties. #Disappointed.
3) Mariah Carey didn’t actually write that Hero song but she sang it for me. True story.
4) My children have a peculiar choice of vocabulary words that often get me in trouble. Like telling people about my drinking habits.
5) I have a well-controlled version of Tourette’s syndrome that is commonly referred to as “Potty Mouth”. What can I say? Shit happens. Also, sometimes I say “True Story” and I don’t mean it. Ironic huh?
6) I am an engineer by trade and a writer at heart. I try to create something worth reading about twice a week. I succeed about once a week. The other time is usually something I want to delete but I’m too lazy to edit, much less delete.
7) Mariah Carey didn’t actually sing that Hero song exclusively for me but only because I’m not a hero. Probably wanted to but she has a strong moral compass and couldn’t live with the lie. She did say I would always be her baby. Unfortunately for her, I am married so if you happen to know her please kindly ask her to stop singing songs about me in the 1990’s. It is getting awkward with my wife in the car and one of those songs comes on the XM radio. I spend hours trying to convince her that those songs don’t mean anything to me and that Mariah is just basically stalking me backwards through time. Ugh. Totes exhausting.
8) Sometimes I totally lose my shit and spiral into an uncontrolled rant on various subjects. Other times I just share my stupidity.
9) Sometimes I write things that kick people in the feels and make them cry. Seriously. It happens and usually it is out of nowhere.
10) I’m not actually obsessed with super-hot pop diva’s from the 90’s. I just don’t think I am worthy of a full list of ten things so I stuffed it full of Mariah Carey bullshit to make it work out. If some other cool fact about me pops up I guess I have to delete one because what kind of jackass has a list of “Eleven Fun Facts”? Not this guy.
Seriously though, in the spirit of Underdog, I created Underdaddy to show that sometimes success looks a lot like failure. Life is hard and messy and it happens fast (insert “She Said” joke here). If you have ever screwed up anything, this blog is for you. You’re welcome. I like to hear from people and interaction is the reason I do this so don’t be shy and feel free to comment.
-Underdaddy to the rescue!